SCENE I:
[Enter Roderigo to speak to Iago on the streets of New York]
Iago: I got a problem with the way Othello's runnin' ---- around here. I hate him.
Roderigo: Word, yo me too son. I've been tryna get with Desdemona for the ill while and now I found out that she's married to Othello. That's some bull----.
Iago: Well, my problem with him is that I've been tryna move up to the position of lieutenant, but that ---hole promoted Michael Cassio instead.
Roderigo: Damn man, He's takin away everything we want. Let's make him pay.
Iago: I was hoping you would say that. (Laughs) I have a plan. First, we'll go to Brabantio's house and tell him of Othello and Desdemona's marriage. Her pops will be so tight when he finds out.
Roderigo: And he's got madd political connections. He'll get the Duke to annul the marriage in no time.
Iago: And when that happens, I'll be there to support him. (Laughs) You know what they say; "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
[Fades Out]
[Enter Iago and Roderigo at Brabantio's house]
Roderigo: Yo Brabantio! Where you at son?
Iago: "Awake! What ho, Brabantio! Thieves! Thieves! Thieves! Look to your home, your daughter and your bags! Thieves! Thieves!"
[Enter Brabantio at the balcony]
Brabantio: What the hell is going on? What do you two want?
Iago: "Get dressed and come down here because and old black ram is tupping your white ewe."
Brabantio: What the ---- is that supposed to mean?
Roderigo: Son, word on the street is ya daughters been kickin' it wit that old dude Othello.
[Brabantio rushes to Desdemona's room. It's empty. Brabantio then runs down stairs without changing into his day clothes]
Brabantio: Roderigo, Are they married?
Roderigo: Yes.
Brabantio: TREASON!
Roderigo: You know, you can find Othello at 42nd Street and Times Square.
[Brabantio hurries off in a rage]
[Fades Out]
SCENE II:
[Enter Othello joined by Iago]
Iago: "Othello, while speaking to Roderigo, he prated and spoke such scurvy and provoking terms against your honor that with little godliness I have, I did full hard forbear him."
[Enter Cassio]
Cassio: Othello, the Duke wants to see you A.S.A.P. It's madd urgent.
[Enter Brabantio and Roderigo]
Brabantio: Who the ---- do you think you are screwing around with my precious daughter?
Othello:With all do respect sir, I love ya daughter. I’d neva do anything to hurt her.
Brabantio: Whatever. You’re a bad--- liar and a no good son of a … I demand that you go to prison.
Othello: I’m sorry sir but that cannot and will not happen because the Duke needs me.
Brabantio: Yeah right. Let’s see what the Duke has to say. He’ll surely name you a criminal.
[Fades Out]
SCENE III:
[Open in the Court Chamber where Othello is being spoken to privately]
Duke: What are we going to do about the attack on the Texas fleet Othello?
Othello: I will do whatever you tell me sir.
Senator 1: We are sending you immediately. Get ready.
Senator 2: Yes and you’ll also be assigned soldiers to go along with you.
[Enter Brabantio]
Brabantio: You -----. “You corrupted my daughter with spells and medicines bought of montebanks.”
Othello: Excuse me senators. Brabantio, to prove our love is true, lets call her here. Her testimony is the only defense I need.
Duke: Quick, someone summon Desdemona.
Othello: Duke, Brabantio. Desdemona and I fell in love about one year ago. I saw her walking on the Upper East Side. She had a lot of shopping bags. It was raining, I offered her my umbrella and we caught each other’s eyes. She thanked me and asked if I wanted to have lunch. Of course I accepted. From then on, we were inseparable.
[Enter Desdemona and Iago]
Desdemona: Daddy, I’m sorry I’ve betrayed you but I am madly in love with Othello.
Barbantio: My child, he’s a dirty Moor. You deserve better than that. (Points to Othello)
[Desdemona walks toward the Duke]
Desdemona: Duke, please allow me to accompany my husband to Florida. I cannot bear to be without my love.
Duke: Yes, you may go. But Othello must leave immediately. You will meet him there at a later time.
[Othello smiles at Desdemona and turns to Iago]
Othello: “Honest Iago, my Desdemona must I leave to thee.”
[Exits Othello, Desdemona, Brabantio, The Duke and his Senators]
Iago: Don’t worry Roderigo. Her love is fading. If you join me in Florida, I’ll continue my plan to ---- up their lives.
Roderigo: Iight son. No Prob.
[Roderigo agrees and exits]
Iago: [Aside] My plan is slowly coming together. Now for phase two, I will continue to make Othello believe I am his “true friend.” He’ll confide in me and trust me to the fullest. Little does he know however, my “friendship” will destroy him. (Laughs) The title of General will soon be mine. Oh My God! I am a genius. I'm gonna destroy both of my enemies with the same lie. That stupid Moor. Destroyed. That job stealing Cassio. Destroyed. Me? Reaping all the benefits. Ah! Life is great.
[Fades Out]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment