Antiquated adj. old; outdated.
My siblings believe that our father can be antiquated at times.
Austere adj. severely simple; unadorned.
The special right triangles are austere to remember.
Avaricious adj. greedy.
Children can be avaricious at times.
Bestial adj. animal-like.
The way he punched that man was bestial.
Bibliophile n. one who loves books.
My brother is a bibliophile.
Clandestine adj. sneaky; surreptitious.
I don’t like going to clandestine neighborhoods.
Clemency n. leniency; mercy.
When he asked for forgiveness he asked with lots of clemency.
Defame v. to slander, as in hurting one's reputation.
You can get sued if you defame someone.
Enfeeble v. to weaken; debilitate.
Do not let people’s opinions enfeeble your dreams.
Germane adj. relevant.
I didn’t know whether or not the paragraph was germane to the rest of the essay.
Hinder v. to prevent; obstruct.
Do not try to hinder me from leaving the state.
Illicit adj. unlawful or illegal.
I do not take part in any illicit activity.
Implicate v. To show or prove to be involved in or concerned.
He tried to implicate the witness in the murder.
Loathe v. to hate; to feel malice for.
You should not hurt or loathe others around you.
Misnomer n. A name wrongly or mistakenly used.
It is a misnomer to call her a doctor when she is just a nurse.
Neophyte n. a novice or a beginner.
When she asked how long she had been a lawyer she said she was a neophyte.
Noxious adj. harmful; toxic.
In the hospital, they have a special garbage can for noxious substances.
Omnipotent adj. having unlimited and universal power.
God is believed to be an omnipotent.
Omniscient adj. having unlimited or infinite knowledge.
I wish I was an omniscient.
Pious adj. religious.
My mom is a very pious person.
Requisite adj. Necessary; required.
It is a requisite to have 44 credits to graduate high school.
Subservient adj. obedient; compliant, in a servile manner.
My mom says that I am not very subservient with her.
Theology n. The study of God and religious teachings.
My sister hated having to take theology class in college.
Valor n. courage; bravery.
It takes a lot of valor to join the army.
Veracity n. truthfulness.
The way she explained her mistakes was full of veracity and really admirable.

No comments:
Post a Comment